Wednesday, September 30, 2009

August & September Fly By

Well it has been a busy few months in the Grimm household. Mommy went back to work at the end of July and I went back to daycare. It was a little rough getting used to the one year old classroom routine, but I adjusted well. The biggest change was that they took away my morning nap! I was NOT a fan. However, now things are going great. I spend my days making animal sounds, doing art projects, naming body parts, and learning colors and shapes. I get to go outside and play on the playground and I DANCE, DANCE, DANCE! Life is good. Mommy and Daddy are also impressed with all of the things I am learning these days. At home things are going great too. I am very helpful with throwing things away, picking up my toys, and trying to act like a big girl.


Fun at Home
Here I am being just like Daddy. I don't know how he can walk in these things!


Reading my favorite book "Moo, Baa, La La La"


Having fun in the tub!



Traveling
We also took a few trips in in September. That meant more airplane rides and seeing more friends. What a great time!

Texas
Over Labor Day we went to Dallas for a wedding and to see all of Mommy and Daddy's old friends. I got to meet all sorts of babies, which was lots of fun and good practice (keep scrolling to learn more about that one) and I got to do a lot of dancing at Nathan's wedding.

Here is Daddy having fun with Uncle Doug and Michael playing the Wii. I guess grown-ups like to play also!


All dressed up for Nathan's wedding


The wedding was outside at a vineyard and I had a blast!


Checking out the dance floor


Showing off my dance moves. If you could only see me in action!



California
After our exciting trip to Dallas, we came home for a weekend and then it was off again on another airplane. This time we took a much shorter flight to California to see Uncle Gary and Aunt Jackie and their wonderful kids. Again I met another baby and still thought they were pretty okay. Although we did get to leave that baby back in CA! Mommy and Daddy even got to have a date night. I hear they went to a K-State game. Unfortunately, K-State lost to UCLA, but they still had a fun time.

Check out my ride!



Our morning at Laguna Beach. It is beautiful!


A family picture at the beach.


Keeping up with Daddy and Aunt Jackie


Breakfast at the beach


That weekend I got to hang out with Aunt Jackie and Uncle Gary while Mommy and Daddy went to see a game at the Rose Bowl. I tried to find them on TV, but they sat WAY up at the top.




KSU vs. UCLA



Finally it was back home. Although we have one more trip coming up tomorrow. We are headed to Kansas City to meet some more family and see some old friends. Should be fun!

At home things are still going great. I have noticed that Mommy is getting a little bit chubby these days. I keep hearing baby talk and I don't think it is about me anymore. Actually they told me I am going to have a baby brother or sister at the end of February or beginning of March. We get to find out on Oct. 8th if baby will be a brother or a sister, either way it should be lots of fun and BUSY around our house!

Baby's first picture






No comments:

Post a Comment